AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Playbook
If you are looking to learn about cloud fundamentals and gain an insight into AWS Cloud, you have come to the right place. This guide will help and support you through your journey to becoming an AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner.
The AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner examination is targeted towards individuals who want to demonstrate that they have the foundational knowledge of cloud computing within AWS.
You can use the following list to check where you are in terms of studying for the AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner, or what additional knowledge you need in order to schedule an exam. By the end of your studies, you should be able to:
- Define what the AWS Cloud is and the basic global infrastructure
- Describe basic AWS Cloud architectural principles
- Describe the AWS Cloud value proposition
- Describe key services on the AWS platform and their common use cases
- Describe basic security and compliance aspects of the AWS platform and the shared security model
- Define the billing, account management, and pricing models
- Identify sources of documentation or technical assistance
- Describe basic/core characteristics of deploying and operating in the AWS Cloud
Study for your exam
Our recommended learning path:
watch videos > take practice exams > review key areas that need focus > retake practice exams
If and once you are achieving >85% in your practice exams, we believe you are ready to schedule your exam!
The key areas covered by the exam are:
- Domain 1: Cloud Concepts (28%)
- What is meant by AWS Cloud and its value proposition?
- What are the aspects of AWS Cloud economics?
- What are the different aspects of cloud architecture design principles?
- Domain 2: Security (24%)
- What is the AWS Shared Responsibility Model?
- What is meant by AWS Cloud security and compliance concepts?
- What are the AWS Identity & Access Management (IAM) capabilities?
- What are the resources for security support?
- Domain 3: Technology (36%)
- What methods can be used to deploy and operate in the AWS Cloud?
- What is meant by the AWS global infrastructure?
- What are the core AWS services?
- What are the resources for technology support?
- Domain 4: Billing and Pricing (12%)
- What are the differences between the different AWS pricing models?
- What are the various AWS account structures?
- What are the resources for billing and pricing support?
To answer the questions above, we have compiled a list of resources that we think are useful for the AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner exam.
It is important to note that there are different methodologies of studying. Hence, choose whichever resources you think would work best for you.
- Overview of Amazon Web Services
- Architecting for the Cloud: AWS Best Practices
- How AWS Pricing Works
- Compare AWS Support Plans
- AWS Cloud Practitioner Essentials (Second Edition)
- A Cloud Guru - AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner 2019
- LinuxAcademy - AWS Cloud Practitioner (CLF-C01)
We found the following list of practice tests to be useful and recommend attempting all of them to gain a solid understanding of the AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner.
- A Cloud Guru - AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner Exam
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner – Foundational (CLF-C01) Sample Exam Questions
- AWS Cloud Practitioner Essentials (Second Edition): Final Course Knowledge Check
- LinuxAcademy - AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- Whizlabs - AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
Schedule your exam
- Name: AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- Cost: 100 USD (100 GBP incl. VAT)
- Languages: English, Japanese, Korean and Simplified Chinese
- Navigate to https://www.aws.training/certification
- Sign in using your Amazon account, not your AWS account
- Once you are signed in, go to your account.
- Click on Schedule New Exam
- Under Eligible Exams, select AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner with code CLF-C01
- You can choose either PSI or Pearson VUE, but for the purpose of this tutorial, we chose Pearson VUE
- On the interactive page, you will want to select the following in order;
- At a local test centre
- English or your language of choice
- Then click on Schedule this exam to ensure you are scheduling the correct exam
- The next page requires you to find a test centre near you, you can do this by simply entering your postcode
- Note: You can select more than one test centre
- Choose a date and time for your chosen test centre
- After ensuring all the details you entered are correct, click on Proceed to checkout
- On the checkout page, you will want to follow the on-screen instructions where you will agree to the AWS terms and conditions
- Fill out the payment details as necessary
- After having filled out the payment details, continue with the checkout while making sure all of the details you have entered are accurate
- That is it, you are done! You will receive an email with a confirmation of payment and also an email with information pertaining to your test centre
If you are a Made Tech employee, please refer to the Made Tech Handbook to submit an expense: Expenses